Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Scrapbooking!!!!

I don’t think I’ve even mentioned before on this blog that I’m actually a scrapbooker.  I have been doing it for years actually and it’s something I really, really enjoy!  Unfortunately, my hobby has not been in the forefront of my life lately though and I can’t even remember the last time I scrapbooked for myself.  Well, that changed last weekend.  I actually went into my scrapbook room, sat down and enjoyed myself and scrapbooked…for MYSELF!  I did do some scrapbooking for Christmas but that was for other people.  I made a mini-album for my mom, Hot Rod’s mom, Brandi’s mother-in-law, Brandi, and also myself.  The album is Sidney’s first year.  Each double layout was a month and had a calendar picture of Sidney that Brandi takes each month, along with one more random picture from that month.  They turned out very cute and everyone was really happy with them.  Me, however, turned out to be stressed out city just to get them done in time for everyone to get them for Christmas.  So, this past Saturday was the first time I actually sat in my room and just scrapped for myself.  I had already printed the pictures I wanted to get done, namely our pictures from the trip to New York we took last summer.  I thought I would share the few I got done.  I didn’t get many done, actually I just got to the first day we were there, but hey…it’s a start!

The first page of the album will be this page:

IMG_0256

Next, is our first day there, our arrival and getting acquainted with our neighborhood:

IMG_0257

I also have a layout with pictures I took of the apartment we rented:

IMG_0260

The last page I got done is our first full day there.  This layout has many more pictures than you can see though.  I have several pictures layered in sleeves on both pages that you can flip through to see more pictures.  Kind of hard to see here but it allows me to get more pictures on the page than will show.

IMG_0264

I have a bunch more to do but at least I got started and man it felt good!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

great pages! can't wait to see them in person when you work on this book at RETREAT!! woo hoo!!!