Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays - 12 Days of Christmas Day 2

OK folks, it's Day 2 on my 12 Days of Christmas to my kids. I really love this though, because my Day 2 thingy-ma-bop actually coincides with my theme for Tuesdays...TASTY! I love it when a plan comes together! (quick, what show is that from?...answer at the end of the post). Anyway, I had this grand idea that I wanted to give my kids 2 caramel apples for their 2nd day of Christmas gift. One for them and one for their husbands. Sounds simple enough right? WRONG! Apparently I live in the wrong town. There is no place in my humble little town that sells caramel apples. Can you believe? I called around yesterday morning to every place I could think of and no one had any! We don't have a Rocky Mountain Fudge Company store or anything like that. Before you start thinking "where in the middle of nowhere does she live?" Really, it's not that small of a town. We have a population of about 300,000 I think now but yet, no caramel apples. So, what is a mother to do? I really had my heart set on the caramel apples because my kids both love them. My children are not sweet eaters at all so any kind of candy, cookies, cakes they pretty much pass on. They do love fruit though and they especially love caramel apples. Had I had the foresight to think ahead and check ahead of time I would have found out that such things like caramel apples can not be found in this town and I could have made them myself. But, I didn't do that. So, on to Plan B. Behold Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas. The tag says: On the Second Day of Christmas my true friend gave to me...Two Red Crisp Apples with some caramel to make them sweet. Pretty cute if I do say so myself.

Behold...Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas. And, it's on Tasty Tuesdays too. What a coinkidink!




Have you figured out who you want to do this for yet? Did you go HERE and download these adorable tags yet? If not, you really need to do it! Maybe save them for next year if you can't do it this year.

PS The answer to the quote is...."The A Team" (the one back in the 70's!)

No comments: