Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Cranberry Relish

I'm really sorry for the lack of posting. If it's any consolation I hope to have tons of posts for next week ready. I've been working on them, really I have, but they just aren't ready for publishing yet. I thought I would do a small post today though to let everyone know I'm still alive and well. Albeit a little a swamped side right now. But I digress...

Every year I have Thanksgiving at my house. My entire family comes to my house to eat. We have the biggest house so I'm able to put up tables and everyone can actually sit at a table. I usually assign different things for people to make but still end up cooking a lot of the dinner myself. Well this year I decided to try to make my own cranberry sauce and I am totally happy with the results. I realize Thanksgiving is over but maybe you can use this recipe for your Christmas dinner. Sorry, I don't have pictures to share.

Cranberry Sauce

2 12 oz packages of fresh cranberries
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
1 cup diced apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Juice of 1/2 an orange
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
(I also added the zest of the orange)

Heat the sugar and water in a sauce pan until all of the sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries and heat until boiling. Add the remaining ingredients and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.

That's it! It is incredibly easy and so delicious too! Everyone raved over it.

I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving and you are gearing up for Christmas now. Enjoy the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy!!