Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lucy, you have some splainin’ to do…

 

IMG_0042

II had such plans this Christmas.  I was going to do a bunch of posts on gifts, decorating, wrapping, etc.  Well, needless to say not many of those posts ever found their way to this blog or even to a draft form.  As you can see from the picture above I have a broken wing!  It’s not really a broke arm or anything like that, it is actually my left shoulder that underwent repair on December 20th.  I’ve been having a lot of pain there for quite awhile.  They did an MRI and it showed a possible tear and a bone spur.  After having my gall bladder out this year I had reached my out of pocket maximum on my insurance so it was really a good time to go ahead and get it fixed.  I was able to have the surgery at absolutely no cost to myself at all.  I couldn’t pass that up.  So, I needed to get the surgery done before the end of the year while still managing a major upgrade at work so I had to plan it to the exact day.  Turns out that day was December 20.  The upgrade was complete and it was still prior to the end of the year so that was the day.  Before that day I worked my little tail off to get all of our gifts bought and wrapped.  I had so many projects that I wanted to do that didn’t get done.  Oh well, there is always next year, right?  I’m doing good though.  There was a tear in the rotator cuff so my recovery is going to be longer than I wanted but eventually it will be all better and quit hurting.  In the meantime I’m pretty much a lame duck.  I haven’t returned to work quite yet (going back on Monday) but I’m going to physical therapy 3 days a week and slowly trying to put up my Christmas decorations.  It is quite the challenge when you have just one arm!  Anyway, I thought I needed to give an explanation as to what happened to me and why I didn’t share all my wonderful Christmas décor this year.  Let’s hope next year is better!

On the plus side, I had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.  My wonderful, fabulous, amazing hubby bought me a new camera!  I now own my very own Canon Rebel!!!!!  Woop Woop!  I can’t wait to share projects now with great pictures.  Here’s hoping that happens soon…come on shoulder…HEAL! 

No comments: