Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Gift Idea

For those that don't know this I'm seriously addicted to scrapbooking and stamping. Stamping as in rubber stamps with ink, not as in postage stamps. I'm in a monthly club with some pretty wonderful ladies. We meet once a month at our fabulous leaders house and do some sort of project together. It's a great opportunity to get out and visit with other like minded women and also to make something cool. Each month we take turns being the "hostess" of the month. The person who's turn it is that month is responsible for bringing snacks of some sort for all of us to share. Well this month it was one of our standing long-term members turn. She really outdid herself. She brought chicken salad with croissants, chips, and then the most delicious pecans. OK, I'll admit it I had 3, yes count them THREE sandwiches. But really each time I went back for another sandwich I had an ulterior motive to grab more of those delicious pecans. I asked her where she got them and she said she made them herself. Well, she didn't actually MAKE the pecans, but she dressed them up a little and she did actually grow the pecans herself. I've decided I'm going to make them myself and use them as gifts this year for Christmas for coworkers and friends. I'm going to get some of those cellophane baggies and make some cute ties with tags that also serve as a coaster and then fill up the bag with these delicious yummy pecans. So, I thought I would share the recipe and idea for those of you out there looking for some sort of something to make for your friends and coworkers for Christmas. I don't think Mrs. W will mind me sharing her recipe for the pecans either. She was quite willing to share it. Now, in general before I post any type of recipe or anything here I will usually have made it myself to make sure it's just as good as I'm claiming, but in this case I have not actually made these pecans yet. I have, however, sampled quite a few of them and I can attest they are divine! So, without further adieu, here is the recipe for "Spiced Pecans"...Enjoy!

Spiced Pecans from Mrs. W. in my Stamp Club
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups pecan halves
(I put my pecans in a very large bowl, then pour the mixture over them)
* Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Mix well, cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes
* Stir and microwave another 4 minutes
* Add pecans, quickly mix well and spread on wax paper to cool
* Break apart and store in a covered container

1 comment:

Sassy said...

wow! thanks for the nice club plug! mrs w will be thrilled to become famous from this blog! :)

i second that extreme yummo about the pecans! delish!!