Friday, September 9, 2011

Would You Buy It?

Once again I’m a little late to the party but I wanted to join Stephanie’s (aka Junker Newbie) Would You Buy It Wednesday. So, this week I am actually posting about something I bought a long time ago (so obviously I’ve already ruined the surprise and admitted I bought this!) but I just recently found the perfect place for it. Here it is…



IMG_5341


It is a vintage mirror from a hat shop. I saw this at a city wide garage sale about a year or so ago and just had to have it. I just loved it at first sight! It has mirrors on both sides that slide into the metal frame. The frame itself has just the right amount of rust to give it the perfect patina. The bottom of the mirror has these little holes for hat pins and it even came with one hat pin.





IMG_5345



So, I’ve had this sitting in my spare room basically being unused for the last year. However, a week ago I found this great table at the Salvation Army Store and it is perfect to go in my hallway from the garage. I’ve been looking for something like this for awhile. I wanted to come up with a space to check my makeup before walking out the door and also to have a space to drop the mail so it is all in one place. After all, we don’t use our front door, we come in through the garage so I really wanted a place for us to use. My entry room is coming along fabulously but it still is not where we come into the house, we use the garage and come into the house via this long hallway from the garage so this set up is going to be perfect for us.






(Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy). I didn’t do a single thing to this table either. I cleaned it up and put in the hallway as is. I was so happy because for once my husband really LOVED it. Usually he’s really not on board with all of my thrifting finds so I was really pleasantly surprised when he said “I love it” and he actually meant it! So, what do you think? Would you have bought the mirror? What about the table?



Turns out they were both the same price…$20. I think I scored, but I’m anxious to hear what you have to say. Do you like them? Would you have bought them? Do you think the price was fair for both of them?
I'm linking up to...


4 comments:

scarlettred41816@aol.com said...

Oh Hell YES! And then I would be hunting for antique hat pins! LOVE LOVE it!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Love them both! Now, you'll have to start a hat pin collection!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You can never have too many vintage mirrors!

Sassy said...

Yes! love it! beautiful mirror!!