Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Miracle Transformations with Spray Paint

Isn’t spray paint the best thing invented since sliced bread?  I mean seriously?  Whoever thought of putting paint in an aerosol can was a genius.  I know I don’t talk much about personal matters here so I’ll just say a couple of things now.  I’ve been not feeling well for quite awhile lately.  I finally went to the doctor and it turns out the problem was my gall bladder.  Well, I had the surgery last week to remove said gall bladder.  I took off from work for a full week to recover too.  While I was off work I did a few of the daunting projects I have stacked up in my storage room just waiting for me to get off my butt and get to them.  These are all fairly small projects but just the right amount for my limited energy level while I recouped from the surgery.  All of the projects below are thrift store finds (with the exception of the side tables for the front porch and I got them at Ikea).  I transformed all of them using one thing…spray paint!  Behold the magic of spray paint:

Before:

IMG_4879

A simple side table from Ikea, cost of $19.99

After:

IMG_4963

Now it matches my front door décor!  Check it out with it’s partner and the swing between them:

IMG_4965

Next up…

Before:

IMG_3970

A plastic magazine rack I got at Goodwill for $2.00

After:

IMG_5061

A coat of Rustoleum’s Oil Rubbed Bronze Paint and voila…now it matches my bathroom.  Check it out installed with magazines just ready to read…

IMG_5117

Also for the bathroom…

Before:

IMG_5058

A brassy towel rack I got at a garage sale.  I can’t even say I paid a $1.00 for it though because I got it and everything else that would fit inside a paper bag for a total of a dollar!  So, really total price on this baby was about 10 cents!

After:

IMG_5060

Again using the Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint to match the rest of the décor in my bathroom.  Here it is in place and being used now:

IMG_5120

Next up…

Before:

IMG_5108

A metal box I got at Goodwill.  I’m not really sure what it’s supposed to be used for but I’m going to use it for recipes.  I think originally it was used to hold 8mm movies.  Cost was $2.00

After:

IMG_5125

I painted this with primer first and then painted her with Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Heirloom White (my favorite paint by FAR!)  I taped off the handle and clasp.  I’m going to decorate her up a little before she’s done completely.  I need to give her some bling and some fun color too.

Next up:

Before:

IMG_5126

Another DIY 2 tiered stand made from thrift store plates and candle sticks.  I got these at Savers for 99 cents each (so total price is about $4.00).  I glued it all together using E6000 glue.

After:

IMG_5128

After painting with bright white Krylon paint.  I just used what I had in my stash of paint so it’s a satin finish plain white. 

Next up:

Before:

IMG_5062

A cheapo plastic frame I got at Savers.  The middle part does not come out though but I’ve decided I’m going to use it to my advantage.  This is going on my gallery wall in the entry and I’m going to decoupage a picture of my sweet grand baby in the center.

After:

IMG_5064

I primed it with primer and then painted her with the same Heirloom White.  Isn’t she lovely now? 

Last one for the day!

Before:

IMG_5074

A large green glass goblet I got at an Estate Sale for 50 cents.  I love the design on it but the green just didn’t do anything for me.  Luckily I’ve learned to always look past the color something is and look for the design and the look of the piece.  Check out this little beauty now!

After:

IMG_5089

I primed with primer and then painted her this lovely shade of blue.  It is Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Aqua.  What a difference a little paint made right?

So, there are all my projects I’ve done while sitting down..a BUNCH…between coats of paint.  I have one more project to share that I did while off too but it deserves its very own post so stay tuned for that one coming soon.  It is my new door wreath I made for my front door.

How about you?  Have you done any spray painting recently?  Isn’t it just amazing what a little paint can do? 

1 comment:

wendy said...

lovely lovely lovely!! all those projects turned out super! so glad you shared!