Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Summer Table

I thought I would share my summer table centerpiece today.  I am so mad at myself because I did something I thought was really cute but very simple for the 4th and then I didn’t take a single picture of it!  What was I thinking?  I wasn’t that’s what!

But, I just changed things up to give my table a fresh summer look and I really like how it turned out so I thought I would share.  It is super budget friendly too!

IMG_4834

This is the finished look, but let’s break it down, shall we?

First of all, I got the cloth on the bottom at an Estate Sale.  It is just a simple linen cloth but it looks very old.  It was a whole $2.00 at the Estate Sale.

IMG_4777

Next, is the cloche.  I’ve been seeing all the wonderful cloches around the internet and I really wanted one, I kept looking at the Goodwill and Salvation Army Store, garage sales, estate sales, etc but I just could never find one.  Then it hit me!  Duh!!!!  I have one already.  I had this glass cylinder from an old candle holder table I got a long time ago.  It’s been sitting around collecting dust when it came to me, why don’t I use it?  I can invert it and then I just need to find something to put under it.  I washed it up and it is perfect.

IMG_4774

The base was this gold tray I found at the Salvation Army Store.  As you can see from this picture, it was only $2.00.  I liked it because it had those cute birds on it.  It was pretty much the perfect size.  I put the two together and it looked OK!  Yay!  I love it when something comes together like this.  Next I looked for something to go under the glass that looked summery.  I used one of the birds I got for my spring table and it fit!  The colors of the bird ended up working out perfectly for the rest of the tablescape too.

IMG_4783

So, now that I found the cloche and got it in place, what next?  I looked at my stash of décor not in use and decided to try this silver candelabra.

IMG_4785

It was a little lower than I wanted so I put it on top of this basket upside down.  Then I took a long hard look at it and…I didn’t like it.  I really like silver and gold together but this time I just didn’t care for it.  Off comes the candelabra.  OK, so what else can I use?

IMG_4822

When I was putting up the candelabra I spotted this vase.  It is really beautiful.  I got this at the same estate sale where I got the cloth.  It has this beautiful gold trim on it.  It was marked $20 but I got it on the half price day so it was just $10.  It’s still a bit much I know but I think it is very old and the lady told me I got a heck of a deal when I bought it so I think I did ok.  I just gathered some dried flowers and such from around the house to put in the vase.  OK…now what?

IMG_4826

Just a little candle holder in the yellow color I’m playing off of.  This was actually used at my daughters wedding a couple of years ago.  OK, so this side is done, now on to the other side…what to put over there?

IMG_4828

First I added this old copper pitcher.  I got this at the same estate sale as the other things for just $5.00.  I loved the look of it.  I just added some more dried flowers in it and called it done.  OK…now I just need one more thing to finish it all out.  I looked and looked and then found this…

IMG_4829

It’s a simple cracked glass bowl.  It actually has a gold frame for it to stand on but I couldn’t decide if I wanted to use it or not.  I’ve had this bowl forever.  I really can’t remember when I got it, where I got it, or how much it cost, I’ve had it that long.  The problem was when it was on the frame it was almost the exact same height as the pitcher and I wanted it to be a little different in height.  I put it out and left it alone for a day to think about it.  Then it came to me…oh I know what to do to finish this off.  So, off to the grocery store I went. 

IMG_4836

A bowl of lemons.  The store had small lemons and large lemons, I chose the small ones.  I put them in the bowl and then decided they looked better with the frame after all.  They are the perfect summer touch.  Not only that but they add a nice lemon scent to the room too.  They were 5 for $1.00 so for $2.00 they are a great addition.  I’m thinking they will probably last a little longer than fresh flowers too and they are cheaper!  WIN! 

So, that’s my summer tablescape.  Let’s take one last look:

IMG_4838

Ah!  So summery, light, and fresh.  I think I like it. 

No comments: